by Ari Armstrong (HT Rational Capitalist)
1. The FTC's rules constitute censorship and onerous controls.
2. The FTC's rules are capricious and nonobjective.
3. The FTC's rules open the door to further political abuses.
4. The FTC's rules undermine the equal protection of the laws.
5. The FTC's rules violate privacy.
6. The FTC's rules are unnecessary.
Read the post for a more detailed analysis.
And it's not just blogging...watch what you twitter or put in your Facebook status reports! As Diana Hsiesh puts it, they are Regulating Speech to Death.
Any one feeling warm yet?
And from the site where I stumbled on the above image:
"The framers of the Constitution knew, and we should not forget today, that there is no more effective practical guaranty against arbitrary and unreasonable government than to require that the principles of law which officials would impose upon a minority must be imposed generally. Conversely, nothing opens the door to arbitrary action so effectively as to allow those officials to pick and choose only a few to whom they will apply legislation, and thus to escape the political retribution that might be visited upon them if larger numbers were affected. Courts can take no better measure to assure that laws will be just than to require that laws be equal in operation." - United States Supreme Court, Eisenstadt v. Baird, 405 U.S. 438 (1972)