Saturday, October 30, 2010

Peace through Commerce

I recently came across a very interesting blog, Ideas Matter.

The first post which caught my attention was "Hiring a Milkshake" which is a video clip worth watching ...but then so are several of the posts which precede it. I liked these posts so much that I added it to my Google blog reader, and today's entry is the best yet.

In particular, I love this quote in the clip by Johan Norberg, who is already one of my heroes:

"If goods don't cross borders, soldiers will."

Just one of several gems...but see for yourself.



The clip came from another interesting site: FLOW. This just happens to be the site of John Mackey, CEO of Whole Foods and author of a pretty good Op-Ed piece giving a real-life functioning alternative to ObamaCare. I am not expecting to find 100% alignment with my beliefs, but some of this stuff is down-right inspirational.

All-on-all, not a bad day on the internet.


.

No comments: