Friday, August 28, 2009

Congressman Rogers on Health Care

Several good points are made, some of them are as follows:

1. Even accepting the inaccurate figure of 47 million/15% of the US population as uninsured, the remaining 85% of the country does have health insurance--which means that the vast majority of people have been able to take care of their health insurance needs without government.
2. The false dichotomy of "It's this plan, or do nothing."
3. The inferiority of medical treatment results under socialized health insurance.
4. The explosive growth of government mandates over what should be the private decisions of individuals--the kinds of cars, windows and light-bulbs we can buy, and now even the details of our medical care.




HT TIA Daily

1 comment:

Harold said...

I guess maybe if the government is not involved, then it's not considered a plan?